Changes to Terms or Services
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Site or through other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms on the Site, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you may not use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
Who can use IUveda-Eligibility
You may use IUveda only if you can legally form a binding contract with IUveda, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is not allowed. If you’re based in the EEA, you may only use IUveda if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of IUveda has been provided to us.
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services or Products (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms, (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services; and (ii) “User Content” means any Content that users (including you) provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes without limitation User Content.
IUveda does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Subject to the foregoing, IUveda and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
Rights in User Content Granted by You
By making any User Content available through Services you hereby grant to IUveda a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform and distribute your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services and Content to you and to other users.
Rights in Content Granted by IUveda
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, IUveda grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download, view, copy and display the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, IUveda’s name, any IUveda trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without IUveda’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the website, IUveda’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of IUveda’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any IUveda system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by IUveda or any of IUveda’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or download Collective Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by IUveda or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a IUveda trademark, logo URL or product name without IUveda’s express written consent;
- Use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
- Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
Links to Third Party Websites or Resources
The website may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
You will indemnify and hold harmless IUveda and its officers, directors, employee and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Services or Content or your violation of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability
Neither IUveda nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Services, Products or Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of data or goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure or the cost of substitute Services or Products arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the Services, Products or Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or any other legal theory, and whether or not IUveda has been informed of the possibility of such damage, even if a limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In no event will IUveda’s total liability arising out of or in connection with these terms or from the use of or inability to use the Services, Products or Content exceed the amounts you have paid to IUveda for use of the Services, Products or Content or fifty dollars ($50), if you have not had any payment obligations to IUveda, as applicable. The exclusion and limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between IUveda and you.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of Bulgarian law Without reg.ard to its conflict of laws provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between IUveda and you regarding the Services, Products and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between IUveda and you regarding the Services, Products and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable (either by an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the terms of court of competent jurisdiction, but only if you timely opt out of arbitration by sending us an Arbitration Opt-out Notice in accordance with the terms set forth above), that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without IUveda’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. IUveda may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by IUveda under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: by IUveda via email; or by posting to the website. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
IUveda’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of IUveda. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
last updated 04-April-2017
Transparency / Notice — Types of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from third party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with IUveda and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect Personal Information include:
• You may provide Personal Information directly to us through interacting with the Dosha test Services, participating in surveys, during events such as sweepstakes.
• As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
Collection and Use of Information
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
IUveda collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, guests, and employees (collectively “Individuals”).
Information You Provide Directly to Us
When you use the Dosha test services or engage in certain activities, such as responding to surveys, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
Communications with Us
• We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for IUveda’s newsletter or a program that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
• From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/ or Services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
Posting on the Site
• IUveda may offer publicly accessible fun pages, blogs, private messages, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself in on IUveda’s fun pages, blogs, private messages, and community forums, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests
• Occasionally, we may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contests entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
Automatic Data Collection
• We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, Game Center ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geolocation information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
Information Collected Using Cookies and other Web Technologies
What are session cookies used for?
Webpages have no memories. A user going from page to page will be treated by the website as a completely new visitor. Session cookies enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don't get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. Cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit.
Session cookies allow users to be recognized within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page. The most common example of this functionality is the shopping cart feature of any e-commerce site. When you visit one page of a catalog and select some items, the session cookie remembers your selection so your shopping cart will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out. Without session cookies, if you click CHECKOUT, the new page does not recognize your past activities on prior pages and your shopping cart will always be empty.
You can adjust your session cookies through the settings feature of your browser.
Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory. A cookie, like a key, enables swift passage from one place to the next. Without a cookie every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor.
Websites typically use session cookies to ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within one site and that any information you have entered is remembered. For example, if an e-commerce site did not use session cookies then items placed in a shopping basket would disappear by the time you reach the checkout. You can choose to accept session cookies by changing the settings in your browser.
• “Pixels”/“Web Beacons” (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
• We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/ privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
Advertising or Targeting Related
• We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement. If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Social Media Platforms
IUveda’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or comments. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested
We may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
• Generally manage Individual information and dosha profiles
• Respond to questions, comments, and other requests
• Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of IUveda’s Services
• Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support
• Allow you to register for events, giveaways and competitions
We may use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes, including to:
• Measure interest in IUveda’s Services
• Develop new products and Services
• Ensure internal quality control
• Communicate about Individual Accounts and activities on our Services and systems, and, in IUveda’s discretion, changes to any IUveda policy
• Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
• Enforce our Terms
Marketing IUveda Products and Services
We may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. We may provide you with these materials by email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
• To tailor content, advertisements, and offers
• To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you
• To provide Services to you and our sponsors
• For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information, or
• Otherwise with your consent
Research and Development
We may use Personal Information to create no identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, IUveda may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage third party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues
IUveda’s Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, IUveda allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as “Tell a Friend.” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by us or any other third parties for any other purpose.
Information That We Share With Third Parties
We will not share any Personal Information that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below
Information Shared with Our Services Providers
We may engage third party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: provision of IT and related services; provision of information and services you have requested; customer service activities; and in connection with the provision of the Site. IUveda has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
We may also share your Personal Information with our marketing service providers to help us better market our products and services to you. Our marketing service providers may use your Personal Information only for the purpose of helping us better market our products and services to you and are prohibited from transferring your Personal Information to others. If you don’t want IUveda to use your information for these purposes, you can opt out by contacting us at email@example.com.
Information Shared with Other Third Parties
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
Information that we collect from our users, including Personal Information, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, may be disclosed or transferred to a third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and/or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims or legal process and comply with law enforcement or national security requests (including subpoenas, warrants or court orders); (ii) to protect your, our, or other’s property, rights and safety and the rights, property and safety of a third party or the public in general; (iii) to prevent or stop any activity we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; (iv) to respond to your requests; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/ managing/opt_out.asp, or youronlinechoices.eu/ and aboutads.info/choices. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
The Security of Your Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your Personal Information) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
Links to Other Sites